This is a magic course. GOD
Recently, OCCUPY CENTRAL is absolutely a big news in the whole world. Some people promote democracy which the leaders in HKSAR should have been appointed by a general election other than pre-decided.(In fact, the Chinese do not indeed choose their own president or premier because all government offcials are pre-decided.) I read a lot of news and focus more on people's ideas. I found that people are easy to follow one's idea which more people agree with it and lose their own thoughts. We learned from last Rosanna's course and she told us that it is called human interactions which means human thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are influenced by the actual, imagined, or implied presence of others. And I found this phenomenon occurs much easier on the young. And then I googled and want to find the reason. After reading some material, I think it has two reasons. First, many young people have mix feelings of strong personality, confusion, lack of direction, immaturity in ideas which is the first but the most important reason. What's more, they're also afraid of being isolated if their opinions are different from their classmates or colleagues. This reason also can be explained in last Social Media class when most of us said line C was as long as the reference line, few students could hold different opinion with enough courage even they were right actually.
Really a useful and meaningful course.
My next task is to learn some programming skill so that I can analyze their comments with systematic understanding.
Watch PPT of Lecture Five tomorrow. Haha


wow, Haohui, you got similar interests as Chai yuan yuan, she also cited some interesting examples on the topic, I think you two can have a discussion and exchange ideas on this, and thanks for sharing your opinion, the reason you summarised is very helpful.
回复删除Hi,Haohui.,I find your opinions really useful for me because I was not concerned about others comments before,and I could not get an all-sided understanding of it.At last,thank you for sharing your ideas.
回复删除OCCUPY CENTRAL is really affect our life recently. This blog not only tell us relative knowledge, but also bring us some thoughts on this activity.
回复删除I agree with you about the people tend to believe the general opinions, especially young people just like us. When social network keeps pushing public event information to us, we may feel confused and follow them. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
回复删除I cannot agree more with your opinion about the social media. In fact, the social media, such as wechat and weibo, helps me communicate with my friend and learn something new on them.
回复删除